You deserve breast reconstruction results that make you feel whole and confident. However, your initial implant or tissue-based surgery might not leave you fully satisfied. Here are five different steps and procedures that could help you feel happier with your new breasts:
- Give yourself time to heal: It takes a while for swelling to fade and for your breasts to reach their new baseline appearance. You will be advised to wait before scheduling secondary surgeries. Keep in mind that these secondary surgeries are a very normal part of the reconstruction process. Be patient with yourself on this journey.
- Ask about fat grafting: This procedure uses excess fat from another area of your body to soften and accentuate your breast reconstruction results. It is also a great way to fill any small divots or contour imperfections that may appear after reconstruction surgery.
- Consider nipple reconstruction: If your nipples were removed during your mastectomy, nipple reconstruction can rebuild elevated nipples using your own tissue. Many women enjoy having nipples with physical dimension as opposed to tattoos.
- Opt for areola pigmentation: Areola pigmentation, also known as nipple tattooing, adds realistic-looking color and dimension to the center of your reconstructed breasts. It recreates the appearance of the nipple-areola complex using medical-grade pigments.
- Speak up about your concerns: You may think you have to live with aesthetic issues, physical discomfort, or even failed breast reconstruction. However, that is not the case. Modern techniques and procedures can help you love your results. For some women, it can even make sense to remove their breast implants and get DIEP flap surgery instead. Know that you always have options and a team that is committed to your success.
Schedule a Breast Reconstruction Revision Consultation
Secondary and revision breast procedures can be transformative thanks to modern advancements. Our board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeons have used these methods to help many women achieve the natural-looking results that they deserve.
Schedule a consultation at ( 303) -706-1100 to learn about improving your reconstruction. The Breast Center at Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery serves Denver and Lone Tree, Colorado. We also welcome women who travel from out of state to receive exceptional care at our practice.