As you consider your reconstructive breast surgery options, there is a lot of information out there to absorb. Knowing what information to rely on can be tricky. Generally, authoritative websites like that of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons have honest, clear and factual information. We also encourage you to schedule a consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeons, who you can rely on to provide you with accurate information and compassionate guidance.
Here are several fast statistics regarding breast reconstruction, provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- Breast reconstruction rates rose 4 percent in 2015 compared to the previous year
- 89 percent of women want to see what breast reconstruction results look like before making the decision to undergo a certain type of breast cancer treatment
- 106,300 breast reconstruction procedures were performed in 2015
- Breast reconstruction can be performed without breast implants using a tissue flap from your own body
- Saline and silicone breast implants are both options for implant-based reconstruction
To learn more about breast reconstruction and to find out which techniques you are a good candidate for, please call The Breast Center Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery at (720) 457-4461. We are located in Lone Tree, Colorado, and serve people from Denver and all of the surrounding areas, as well as out-of-state patients.