Plastic surgeons differ greatly in their level of experience and the techniques they can perform. This is something you may already know after having a disappointing experience elsewhere. If you’re considering breast reconstruction revision, you’ll need to choose your surgeon carefully.
Here are a few tips to help guide your search:
- Find out about your surgeon’s experience: Keep in mind that corrective surgery often poses more challenges than the initial reconstruction. It’s crucial to select a provider who does these procedures regularly. Our board-certified plastic surgeons frequently perform breast reconstruction revision procedures using a variety of industry-leading techniques.
- Look at their before and after images: Your results won’t look exactly the same as another patient’s results. Still, before and after images can be a good way to gauge what might be possible when you select a certain surgeon. Our gallery shows photos of breast reconstruction after failed implants as well as reconstruction revision with fat grafting.
- Read reviews from patients: Testimonials are another useful tool to find out what you might expect at a plastic surgery practice. You can learn a lot from previous patients.
- Consider traveling: Sometimes, your options for revision may be limited by your location. For example, very few surgeons offer DIEP flap breast reconstruction. Our Lone Tree practice welcomes patients who visit us from out of town or out of state.
- Schedule a consultation: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, start booking consultations. These meetings are a great opportunity to ask questions, learn if you feel comfortable with the surgeon you had in mind, and find out if they are a good fit for you.
As you’re researching plastic surgeons to perform your revision, it’s important to know that you might see this procedure referred to as corrective breast reconstruction or redo reconstruction. In fact, patients and surgeons use many different names to describe this type of breast revision.
Meet Our Breast Reconstruction Revision Surgeons
Call 303-706-1100 to schedule a consultation with our board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeons. We can’t wait to show you the excellent care that you’ve deserved from the start. The Breast Center Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery serves Denver, Lone Tree, and other areas of Colorado.