As part of choosing our reconstructive breast surgeons to perform your procedure, we will ensure you have all the information you need to adequately plan for all phases of the breast reconstruction process, including the time after surgery during which you rest and recover. The board-certified plastic surgeons at The Breast Center are ready and eager to answer all of your questions about what to expect postoperatively, which may include questions such as:
- What types of foods should I eat during recovery, and what foods should I avoid?
- Are there restrictions on smoking after surgery?
- Are there restrictions on drinking alcohol after surgery?
- Will I experience discomfort or pain after breast reconstruction? For how long?
- How can post-op pain be managed and alleviated?
- What should I expect my breasts to look like after surgery? Will there be dressings around my chest?
- When will I be able to return to work?
- Will I have to stay in the hospital for several days?
- When should I plan to resume my normal activities?
- What will my results look like?
We can answer all of these questions and others, as well as help you determine what your options are for payment and whether insurance will cover the cost of your procedure.
To schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons in the greater Denver city of Lone Tree, Colorado, please call The Breast Center at Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery, at (720) 457-4461. Our staff and our surgeons are excited to meet you and to discuss your reconstructive breast surgery options.