When you are diagnosed with breast cancer, the amount of information you are given to process can leave you wondering if you even know the right questions to ask to make sure you are being your best health advocate. At Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery, we understand that a cancer diagnosis comes with a rollercoaster of emotions as you begin to absorb all of the new information. We are ready to answer your questions when you are ready to ask them.
When you meet with a breast reconstruction surgeon some of the information you may want to know more about includes:
Types of Breast Reconstruction
- What types of breast reconstruction am I a good candidate for?
- What are the benefits or drawbacks of the different types of breast reconstruction?
- What risks are associated with each type of surgery?
Timing of Breast Reconstruction
- What are my options for timing my breast reconstruction?
- Will reconstruction interfere with radiation or chemotherapy?
- Can I make these breast reconstruction decisions after my cancer treatments have concluded?
Preparing for Breast Reconstruction Surgery
- What steps should I take to prepare for surgery?
- How long will my surgery last?
- Will I be able to go home the day of surgery?
- What kind of care will I need the day of surgery and immediately following?
Recovery from Breast Reconstruction
- How long will my recovery likely take?
- Will recovery be painful?
- What can I expect my results to look like?
- Are my results permanent?
- Will I have any feeling in my reconstructed breasts?
- When can I get back to normal daily activities?
Breast Surgeon Qualifications
- Are you board certified?
- How many reconstruction procedures have you done?
- Can I see before and after photos of past patients?
- Can I read reviews or survivor stories of patients you have worked with?
At Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery, we are dedicated to helping women through the process of breast reconstruction on their journey to recovery from breast cancer. Call us at ( 303) -706-1100 to schedule your consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.