If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery, we recommend scheduling a consultation with the experienced plastic surgeons at The Breast Center Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery. It's important to get accurate information and recommendations from a qualified breast surgeon. If you are researching and discussing this option with people you know, you may have heard many different terms being used, such as:
- Autologous breast reconstruction: A breast reconstruction technique that uses a flap of tissue from somewhere on your body to reconstruct the of the breast.
- Breast implants: Flexible, breast-shaped prostheses used to augment the size and shape of the breasts.
- DIEP flap: "Deep inferior epigastric perforator" flap, which is a flap of skin and fat connected to blood vessels in your abdomen. The DIEP flap is one of the autologous breast reconstruction options offered by our experienced plastic surgeons.
- Nipple reconstruction: Techniques to restore the appearance of a nipple. Typically the third phase of breast reconstruction surgery.
- Areola pigmentation: Techniques to create the darker pigmentation and appearance of an areola around a reconstructed nipple. Our preferred method is nipple tattooing. Another method uses a skin graft.
The only way to know if reconstructive breast surgery may be right for you, and to get reliable information about all aspects of the procedure, is to discuss your options with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.
To learn more about your reconstructive breast surgery options, please contact The Breast Center Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced, board-certified plastic surgeons in the Denver area.