Breast reconstruction revision is a surgical procedure performed to address any issues or concerns that may have arisen from a previous breast reconstruction surgery. For many women, it offers an opportunity to find relief from implant complications or simply to feel happy about their breasts once more. Here’s what you need to know.
What Is the Purpose of Breast Reconstruction Revision?
Breast reconstruction revision addresses multiple problems that arise after getting initial breast reconstruction. Some of such issues include:
- Failed tissue flaps
- Failed implants
- Poor results from the initial surgery
- Pain following initial surgery
- Issues that don’t appear until years later
Who Is It For?
Breast reconstruction revision can be an option for many different individuals, including:
- People who are unhappy with the general results of their original breast reconstruction procedure
- People who have had implant-based breast reconstruction but are experiencing general implant complications
- People who are having implant complications from radiation therapy, including capsular contracture
Benefits of Breast Reconstruction Revision
Breast reconstruction revision offers a range of benefits that can truly make a difference. Not only can it enhance the appearance of your breasts, but it also has the power to alleviate any discomfort or pain you may be experiencing.
In general, breast reconstruction revision can:
- Improve the look of your breasts
- Alleviate discomfort or pain caused by your failed breast reconstruction
- Correct any deformity or symmetry issues
- Conceal surgery scarring
- Provide you with new implant or fat grafting options
Recommended Procedures for Breast Reconstruction Revision
When it comes to breast reconstruction revision, there are several procedures you can consider to enhance or correct the results of your previous surgery. These may include revising breast implants, reshaping the breasts, utilizing fat grafting techniques, or addressing any poorly concealed scars.
At The Breast Center Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery, we offer several options for breast reconstruction revision, including autologous breast reconstruction.
Autologous breast reconstruction is a unique procedure that utilizes your body’s own tissue—typically fat, skin, and occasionally muscle—to beautifully restore your breasts. Our breast reconstruction technique goes above and beyond, delivering results that are not only natural-looking but also long-lasting with fewer complication risks.
With autologous breast reconstruction, you may be a candidate for the following procedures:
Where to Find Breast Reconstruction Revision in Lone Tree, CO
At The Breast Center Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery, we truly empathize with the challenges that come with contemplating another surgery. However, we would be honored to have the opportunity to demonstrate our exceptional level of care to you.
Contact us now at (303) 706-1100 to book your first consultation with our team of highly skilled and experienced board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeons.